Excel and white spots on fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SterlingSilver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I recently started dosing excel in my 20 gallon. I was doing 1/4 & working up to 1/2 dosage a day, and after a few days started to see a few white specs on the tail fin of one of my tiger barbs. Two days later there were a few spots on three more and I suspected ich (I had recently added in two otos who had been quarantined but haven't shown any signs of ich before of after) Turned up the heat to 84 (one oto looked stressed at 86) & stopped using excel. After a day or two with no new spots they went away!

I know ich is supposed to get worse before it gets better, and there was nothing that I could see on their bodies, just tail fins, so after 4 days of heat I lowered the temp and started dosing excel again. After 2 day there was another spot on the same original spotted fish. I stopped excel & after a day or so the spot went away.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Or did I just not get all the ich. It just seems odd that they were fine until I added the excel.

So I recently started dosing excel in my 20 gallon. I was doing 1/4 & working up to 1/2 dosage a day, and after a few days started to see a few white specs on the tail fin of one of my tiger barbs. Two days later there were a few spots on three more and I suspected ich (I had recently added in two otos who had been quarantined but haven't shown any signs of ich before of after) Turned up the heat to 84 (one oto looked stressed at 86) & stopped using excel. After a day or two with no new spots they went away!

I know ich is supposed to get worse before it gets better, and there was nothing that I could see on their bodies, just tail fins, so after 4 days of heat I lowered the temp and started dosing excel again. After 2 day there was another spot on the same original spotted fish. I stopped excel & after a day or so the spot went away.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Or did I just not get all the ich. It just seems odd that they were fine until I added the excel.

I don't believe it was the excel probably just a remnant of the ick

Ok. Thanks for the reply! I wan't sure, but I guess I caught the ich before it got too bad. Now I just have to make sure it is completely gone!

Back
Top Bottom