Favorite fish For A Ten Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most all oto's are wild caught and many are caught by the use of cyanide added to the water to stun them and make catching easier. They also eat a lot of biofilm when kept in an aquarium and a good biofilm layer takes time to build up. Some oto's will eat fresh veggies like zucchini or processed food such as algae wafers but many don't so a tank needs to have enough natural algae (diatoms and green dust algae) and biofilm to support them. Also a mature tank has stable water parameters which are best for oto's. So taking all this info into consideration is why I don't suggest adding oto's to a new tank set up. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's best IMO to wait on adding them.

All of the otos I get seem very hardy. They are in planted tanks but readily accept algae wafers, cucumber, and zuchinni. I have two in a 10 gallon since it was first set up about 6 months ago. I also have them in a 20 gallon tall and a 55 gallon.

I also have a dwarf gourami with 3 guppies in the 10 gallon and they are all very healthy. Its a flame dwarf gourami and he even builds bubble nests. My 4 year old named him "ironman fish".
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about 2 dwarf gouramis, 3 pygmy Cory's, 5 celertrail Pearl danios and 3 oto's?

What about 2 dwarf gouramis, 3 pygmy Cory's, 5 celertrail Pearl danios and 3 oto's?

In general you don't want to put mmore than one gourami in smaller tanks because they tend to fight but other than that it sounds good. You might want to increase the number of corys to 6 and nix the otos though.

Clown killies are one of my favorite nano fish. I love CPDs too but the clown killies are far less shy.

I was told a pair of peacock gudgeon are good in a 10g. I haven't read enough on it to confirm but they are one pretty fish.

Back
Top Bottom