Favorite fish for planted tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beeritself

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently I have a moderately planted high tech 55g. I keep discus (total of 6), along with some neon tetra, 2 GBR, and I'm growing out 3 clown loaches in there currently (temporarily).

I am considering getting rid of my discus and trying something different. What do y'all enjoy keeping? I've even considered just the neons and a variety of shrimp...

image-490689465.jpg

I find it hard to believe you are bored of discus :)

What about upping those neons? A huge school would look pretty awesome!

Caleb

A huge school of neons would look great...maybe some sort of top dwelling fish, like a group of gouramis?

I find it hard to believe you are bored of discus :) What about upping those neons? A huge school would look pretty awesome! Caleb

I'm not bored with the discus, just considering exploring what else is out there.

Having a school of like 40 neons would be crazy looking! (And it would only cost like $40....)

Rummy nose tetras!!
They can be added if you think you have room and they are very compatible with your current stock.

If you are going to upgrade to a larger tank (for clowns) then look into Denison barbs(roseline sharks).

Oscars and common plecos :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom