Favorite Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water wisteria and Rotala Indica. :) I also really like anacharis. Pretty common ones.

Thanks. I'm going to look them up....

You're welcome! They're all pretty easy to take care of. I would also look into swords like amazon swords and crypts like lutea. They're pretty and easy.

I've always been a fan of Blyxa japonica. It's a pretty simple plant to grow, and absolutely gorgeous in most tanks.

Anacharis defenetly
They grow fast, and add a lot of oxygen to your tank, they also filter a lot of ammonia

Echinodorus "Ozelot" Red & Hygrophilia Difformis my favorites as the neophite that I've been to planted tanks. Just got set up & am learning/researching advanced plants and techniques so I can play with the big kids. (and my wallet shows it) LOL OS.

Depending on your tank size, I like amazon swords. Mine has exploded and I never expected it to turn out like it has. They (to me) seem to be so easy. All I've done is dose liquid co2 (however I don't dose as often as I should since I don't always remember too, but I do it atleast a few times a week) and I use root tabs (DIY Osmocote ones that I make). Here's a link to the picture of my tank, of course the sword is the gigantic plant at the far left lol.

http://m1282.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/holcomb2904/1365885489_zps5f03e7f5.jpg.html?o=0

Echinodorus "Ozelot" Red & Hygrophilia Difformis my favorites as the neophite that I've been to planted tanks. Just got set up & am learning/researching advanced plants and techniques so I can play with the big kids. (and my wallet shows it) LOL OS.

I actually just ordered an ech. Ozelot red today from aquabid! I'm excited to get it!

I actually have a new favorite... Ludwigia peruensis aka Ludwigia glandulosa.

But Rotala Macrandra, Rotala Wallichii, and Cabomba Furcata are right up there in my favorite group!
clear1x1.gif
Along with Pogostemon helferi as my favorite forground plant and Bolbitus as my favorite low light plant.

Depending on your tank size, I like amazon swords. Mine has exploded and I never expected it to turn out like it has. They (to me) seem to be so easy. All I've done is dose liquid co2 (however I don't dose as often as I should since I don't always remember too, but I do it atleast a few times a week) and I use root tabs (DIY Osmocote ones that I make). Here's a link to the picture of my tank, of course the sword is the gigantic plant at the far left lol.

Mobile Photobucket

I have a 36 gal bow front. I current have an Amazon, a Water Sprite, a few Chain Swords for the front and these plants that have small round leaves that I forgot to save the information tabs. Everything is doing well. I also have a couple of like small Anubia. I have a really cools piece of driftwood, but it's making my water a tea-color. I'm using Seachem's Excel & Flourish and being very conservative about dosing. I'm just starting out also so trying to be careful with adding chemicals to my water. I'm going to look up these other plants you folks have mentioned. Thanks! D

I LOVE Cryptocorynes !!!

My favorites ?
Crypt wendtii Mi Oya
C lucens
C balansae
C nurii Pahang mutated

Lindernia rotundifolia

Java Ferns narrow leaf esp. Grows great for me. I have 4 types of JF.

Back
Top Bottom