Fed up with this needle valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omgfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have the Milwaukee MA957 regulator. I cannot get a constant BPS no matter what I try. I am almost positive this is where my BBA problems are coming from. I am done with this and am looking for another needle valve. I am also willing to ditch this entire product and get a whole new regulator, bubble counter, needle valve, etc. Can anyone recommend an entire setup that is high quality and accurate. It would be great if someone had the entire setup ready to purchase. I don't have very much experience with all the different parts, and ordering piece by piece doesn't sound appealing. I am willing to spend whatever it takes for a good setup that I can rely on. TIA. :)

Are you sure it's the needle valve and not the regulator? I know some people have problems when they keep the low pressure side of the regulator to low.

If you do want a nice setup, e-mail Rex. http://rexgrigg.com

I have mine set right at 30 psi and its been pretty constant, at least more than the needle valve has been.

I'll second the recommendation for one of Rex Grigg's regulators. They're custom built to your needs and his craftsmanship is excellant. I've been using one for 6 months and couldn't be happier.

You can use the Rex valve also, they are clippard's, the next step up uis one sold by Aqua Cave, I really prefer this at a min, I use the nice Nupro metering valves for my own tanks.

I also use a Victor light duty inert gas regulator.
These are the best reg's made.

These have been running for decades stable.

It's a little DIY and threading your own valves etc and adding a solenoid etc, but I add multi valves to the system so it's worth it given the critical nature of CO2.

The Victor regs I get used or near new, for about 40-50$.
The valves, 20-30$ ea
Solenoids, about 25-30$.
Some 1/8" brass fittings, a few $.
Teflon tape etc
2 Pair of Channel lock pliers etc

From there I'll use a Rhinox diffuser or similar.
And a CO2 reactor on larger tanks.
On even larger tanks, I'll use a venturi.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Back
Top Bottom