Feedback on How My Tank Looks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satyricon553

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got 12 new plants a few days ago. I have never planted a tank before so I'm not sure what I'm doing. I plan on replacing the fake driftwood with a real piece next week. Any feedback on how I planted any recommendation on what I could move around to make it better?

I can take more pictures of each section if anyone would like to see it closer up.

Attachments

• 380658_652137964909_177803604_32419319_1063566871_n.jpg
    380658_652137964909_177803604_32419319_1063566871_n.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 164
Feedback?

If you like it, then it's GREAT. This should be something that you enjoy and not what others tell you to do.

Unless you are going after a certain type of scape, I don't think you need to do anything.

Looks good! Now you just gotta be patient and let them grow
The fake driftwood looks pretty cool id keep it and add the other piece you buy

I got 12 new plants a few days ago. I have never planted a tank before so I'm not sure what I'm doing. I plan on replacing the fake driftwood with a real piece next week. Any feedback on how I planted any recommendation on what I could move around to make it better?

I can take more pictures of each section if anyone would like to see it closer up.

I like it you did a great job better then I can do
I cant even tell that is fake wood in the picture I would keep it I like the style or the way it is made you wont find a real one that has that good of detail to it ;)

I love it, I thing it looks perfect the way it is. I agree with the others that I like the fake dw...

Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm pretty happy with it, but I wondered if there was something that people saw that could be moved to improve it in a way I wasn't seeing. I'll let these grow in a little and see what needs added. Adding them improved the feel of the tank so much.

I like the fake drift wood too, but I recently ordered a piece that should match it somewhat in size and shape. I'll save this fake piece for a future tank.

Tank looks great! maybe add groung plants towards the front? its mainly your opinion of what you think looks good.

Yeah!! I agree with the other people that said that the opinion that really counts is yours and how it makes you feel!! But that tank is looking amazing!!! Put on more fish!!! Hahaha :)

It looks excellent, what is your substrate?

My only suggestion is that it seems like you have java fern in the center there near the driftwood that is planted into the substrate? If so, java fern likes being tied to something rather than planted, unless you leave the rhizome above the substrate!

It looks excellent, what is your substrate?

My only suggestion is that it seems like you have java fern in the center there near the driftwood that is planted into the substrate? If so, java fern likes being tied to something rather than planted, unless you leave the rhizome above the substrate!

It's an eco-complete substrate. There is a little bit of the rhizome exposed on the java fern. I'm least happy with it's placement, so I'm hoping when I get the new driftwood, I can find a place to attach it. It should be OK partially planted for a week shouldn't it?

Back
Top Bottom