Fert for aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have been doing a lot of reading around. I bought myself a bag of the Seachem Flourite black sand, and also a Hagen's [FONT=arial, helvetica] CO2 Natural Plant System. I have been hearing a lot of people say that I need fert also. I was looking at the Seachem stuff and also the API[/FONT] Leaf Zone. Can some of you guys give me a fertilizer that works the best for you and why? I am not looking for anything that is way expensive!

yeah, I would certainly invest in some dry ferts like rkinning showed. You pay more up front, but you'll burn through liquid ferts like crazy, and it'll cost you more in the long run.

I also agree, dry ferts is the way to go. It also gives you better control to tailor to exactly what your tank needs, and in the long run dry ferts are much, much cheaper.

The Flourish Line is good, but costly if you aquarium is at all sizable. In addition most LFS only carry a few products. You'd want Flourish "Comprehensive", Flourish Potassium, Flourish Nitrogen, and Flourish Phosphorus.

Dry ferts a definately much more economical. They can be dosed dry in larger aquariums, or mixed into a dosing solution for smaller aquariums. Definately the way to go for long term. With dry ferts you'd be looking at CSM+B, K2SO4, KNO3, and KH2PO4.

I bought some of that leaf zone yesterday for 5 bucks. I will buy some of the dry fert once I get finished with the bottle. so do you just dissolve it in water and put in? And the combo pack is all I need to use?

If you haven't opened the Leaf Zone yet, I'd recommend returning it. While not horrible, it really isn't recommended.

If you haven't already, download Chuck's Calculator. It will allow you to determine what solution to mix for dosing in smaller aquariums, and how much to add dry for larger aquariums. Very useful tool.

I already opened it. where is this calculator ? and what ferts would I need to get. Also how do you use dry fert?

Back
Top Bottom