Fertalizer any good? + What plant is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasmainia300

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got home about 5 hours ago with the remaining things I needed to set up my new 10 gallon tank for my male veiltail betta.
photo (3).jpg
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE PHOTOS ARE UPSIDE DOWN THEY ONLY DO THAT WHEN UPLOADED HERE
photo.jpg
The images are of the tank as a whole (yes it's quite bare as of now but the stuff i bought today was already $100 so i will get more plants within the next few weeks starting with anacharis on monday) and the two plants of which I forgot the names. These two plants I got from a lfs and I don't think they even knew exactly what they were. Does anyone know what they are and a website that has some information on them?

My next question is: when I was at petco getting my substrate and heater, my mom found the bottle of "plant food" that was on clearance for %50 off because the cap had been cracked in a fall but it was still sealed. I was planning on getting API leaf zone, but my mom insisted on this instead. The back of the bottle was covered up by a huge clearance sticker and peeling it off has removed also the top layer of the sticker below.
photo (1).jpg
photo (2).jpg
Does anyone know if this stuff works, and if so what do the directions on the bottle say??

Is it the same as this? http://www.petco.com/product/115078...mr:adType=pla&gclid=CIWxv6e6i7MCFcRU4AodfQYAc

Looks to be just iron and potash, similar to API leaf zone. Directions are on that link too. You'll eventually need a more comprehensive fert dosing regime -- coupling your new bottle with something like Seachem Comprehensive might be your first initial step.

As for your plant I'd say it could be dwarf sag (not very fun looking at pic upside down :)) but given it's Petco it could very well be mondo grass too. If it is dwarf sag they often appreciate a root tab or two.

Is it the same as this? http://www.petco.com/product/115078...mr:adType=pla&gclid=CIWxv6e6i7MCFcRU4AodfQYAc

Looks to be just iron and potash, similar to API leaf zone. Directions are on that link too. You'll eventually need a more comprehensive fert dosing regime -- coupling your new bottle with something like Seachem Comprehensive might be your first initial step.

As for your plant I'd say it could be dwarf sag (not very fun looking at pic upside down :)) but given it's Petco it could very well be mondo grass too. If it is dwarf sag they often appreciate a root tab or two.

It seems to be that but without the API branding, so as if pond care was the brand. I know that both API and the pond care bottle share the same parent company MARS. Also, the plants were from an aquatic pet store, not petco. I hope it isn't mondo grass :/

Off topic, side note:
When peeling stickers, blow dry the sticker and get it warmed up then gently peel the sticker. The heat makes the sticker's glue soft and movable. ( Don't use an embossing heat gun. I learned the hard way. It torches everything so fast. )

I think that is Mondo Grass. If it is, it won't live fully submerged. Looks great for a bit, but will rot.

Can you check with the store ?

I now photograph signs to remember names of fish/plants/wine ?

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photo.jpg

Well the betta seems to like the mondo grass so I guess it isn't a total loss. It will last until I get some dwarf sag i'm sure.

Try some Crypts or Java Ferns. Easy plants. Crypts need a root tab every 4 months...bury it deep. And liquid ferts will not hurt fish.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm getting amano shrimp this Friday and I will probably pick up an Anubis nana on a rock as well. I got some anacharis and the mondo grass died, I will look into getting a java fern and some water wisteria eventually, as well as dwarf sag.

Back
Top Bottom