fertilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 29gal tank with a 15 watt light bulb...and i have about 7 plants in the tank...so once a week i add seachem's excel fertilizer...about 2.5ml with my pwc...all the plants are doing ok...not growing fast but thats not a concern since they are not dying...i was wondering if thats enough fertilizer...i read somewhere that too much fertilizer will kill the fish...since my plants are growing so slow i wonder if they are using all the fertilizer that im adding every week or its just building up in the aquarium...TIA... :D

look at the fertilizing sticky.. you have very low light your likly not needing that much fertilizer.. Are you testing levels to see if you need it? like NO3, and PO4?

i dont have tests for NO3 nor PO4...i started adding the fertilizer about 3 weeks ago...the plants have been in the tank since the beginning of may and they were fine without it... :roll: ...may be i should pick up those tests...

the more i play with Excel, the more I'm convinced that it can benefit any tank..even those witth pressurized CO2.
keep in mind that Excel is a carbon source...not really a fertilizer...more like a supplement.

are your origanal plants growing any faster with the excell... For some reason I was thinking of another product (they make a nitrogen source that starts with the name excell) anyway.. if the origanal plants are not taking a growth spert with the excell you likely dont have enough light to see the benifits of the product.. if you could move your light entensity up to say 2wpg that might do the trick.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom