Fertilizer Dosing w/ CSM+B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plowboy91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I have finally got my tank back together after it popped apart and I am trying to figure out a dosing strategy. I have worked tirelessly online sifting through dosing advice and information and have just decided to post my questions here. Since I have 125 gal I want to avoid massive water changes like when using the EI. I will have made up the following solutions...

.2 ppm/ml PO4 from Potassium Phosphate
.8 ppm/ml NO3 and .5ppm/ml K from Potassium Nitrate
.1 ppm/ml K from Potassium Sulfate

I realize that I will find out how much I need by testing and will get a 'feel' for what my tank uses after i test and add for a while.

The next two are the ones that are giving me trouble...
I have 10% Iron chelate and CSM+B.

1. How large of a solution and what concentration should I make of CSM+B?
2. How much should I add of that solution and how often?

I will also be making an Iron chelate solution using 5g for 1 liter making it a .5mg/ml concentration...i think.

3. anyway...how much additional chelated iron should i add after alreadying having 7% iron in the CSM+B?

Thanks and sorry if this sounds kind of scatter-brained...I have been trying to work this out myself and I'm starting to go kinda crazy.

Generally it's recommended to dose enough CSM+B to achieve between 0.1 and 0.2ppm of iron. You can use this calculator to figure out the solution and dosing. In most situations it shouldn't be necessary to dose iron separately unless you are playing with iron levels to bring out the reds in plants. If you're just getting a feel for dosing, you would be better off leaving the iron in the drawer for now.

Back
Top Bottom