Fertilizer questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon tank with high intensity lighting and am using two fertilizers at the moment, but all of my plants seem to be turning brown. My tank is 19 inches deep. What fertilizers are recommended?

EDIT: In my tank are 6 silver-tipped tetras, 3 leopard danios, 3 Glofish (zebra danios), and 5 amano shrimp.

I have two 10,000 bulbs. The fert is Tetra FloraPride and Seachem Flourish.

I'm not familiar with those ferts. How much lighting do you have? 10000K bulbs, but how many watts each? T5 or PC?

If you do in fact have high light, you need CO2 (either through injection or dosing Flourish excel), Nitrate, Phosphates, potassium, and a trace mixture for iron and other trace elements.

Looks like the FloraPride is an Iron and Potassium fert while Seachem Flourish is an excellant Trace fert. Have you tested the Nitrate and/or Phosphate levels? If either of this is at or near 0 you'll need to start dosing them as well.

How many bulbs do you have and how many watts are they (actual watts not equivalent watts).

Back
Top Bottom