Fertilizer which should I use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cold Canadian

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last week I used up the last of my current liquid fertilizer. The results were ok but not the best.
What should I try I have herd about liquid carbon? Which I might want to try.
I have a ten gal with five corydoras and lots of endlers majority are fry and juveniles. the tank has dirt with a sand cap. I do weekly wc and bi-weekly pruning. For plants I have a amazon sword, 3 Anubis, bunch of java fern, dwarf sag, micro chain sword, and guppy grass along with red ludgigia ( <-- spelling err? ) the last 2 are floating

I also have a Amano shrimp

I would love all advice and suggestions

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Aquarium Advice app

Green leaf aquatics pps pro pack dry ferts and some metricide 14 or seachem excel off amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh sorry I should have mentioned my parents won't let me order stuff online. I'm only in grade 9 and don't have my own debit or credit card.

Go to the store and see what they have. Bring your smart phone.

Ok that sounds like a good idea I will go there and google what they have.

I'm not familiar with Canada's surplus. Big als right? Just go for a micro and macro supplement along with a co2 booster or carbon source of available, def. Google everything twice;)

Ok so get something for micro, macro and co2. I believe Big Als is more in the East not as far west as I am in Saskatchewan. Here I only have petland and pet smart. They aren't bad thoug.

Petsmart should carry seachem and api?? Seachem flourish and api leaf zone will cover plant food, root tabs and some api co2 booster or seachem.excel will.aid in a carbon source.. have your parents pick up the tab, explain you can get all this stuff off the Internet much cheaper after the deal is done haha

Good luck!!!

Try ton convince your parents to order online, you can get stuff much much cheaper. For example, you can make your own Flourish Potassium. Order potassium sulfate, and mix 1.4tbsp with 500ml of water and you get the exact same thing for 1/20 the price.
The PlantGuy- Canadian Aquarium Plants

And here is my advice for your plants.
Liquid carbon (like Flourish Excel) is not a fertilizer, but it is very useful for plants. Use it.
The nutrients that plants need are NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) and a mix of macro elements like calcium, magnesium, iron...
Nitrogen and phosphorus is introduced with food and fish waste. Your tap water probably contains enough calcium and magnesium. But there is no potassium getting into your tank, so in my opinion it is the most important nutrient to dose.

In addition to it you can also dose a more complete product like Flourish (also called Flourish comprehensive).

Or if you want the best fertilizers for your plants, do a search for Estimative Index.

Back
Top Bottom