Fertilizers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 46 gallon tank I just set up im ordering these plants for it.

Lighting will be a finnex ray 2, and maybe a t8 aqua glo bulb

Substrate is seachem eco complete and fluorite.

No c02

Here are my plants

water sprite
wisteria
chilensis
anacharis
telanthera rosfolia
money wort
amazon sword
red tiger lotus
rotala indica
creeping Charlie
baby tears
cryptocoryne pontenderiifolia
dwarf hairgrass

I'm knew to this I don't really know much about fertilizers. what fertilizer('s) will I need? Will seachem flourish be it?

I'm thinking that you will need some source of carbon. Whether co2 or seachem flourish excel or Glutaraldehyde

Is there an all in one kind of thing in either liquid or dry ferts? I try looking up dry ferts because I here it's a lot cheaper and there are a million different kinds

All in one? Yes there is but I really would.t recommend it. There isn't any way to control the dosing of nitrate into your aquarium with that method. I would advise buying one of the dry fert packs from green leaf aquariums and going from there with either ei dosing or pps pro.

So if I supplement the correct dosages of these weekly, this will be all I need to put in the tank? Fertilizer wise

Kn03
Kh2p04
Gh booster
Miller microplex
Seachem excel

Not as long as you follow the dosing directions you should be good. It comes out to around 1 ml of the prepared liquid for every 10 gallons.

You don't need the GH booster if you're not using RODI water or have very soft tap, and even then I would call it dubious. Tap minerals should supply all of that you need.

Back
Top Bottom