Fertilizers vs root tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacyz

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you prefer?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use root tabs, but heard great things about ferts. As far as performance goes the root tabs have improved my plants growth and color.

I'm so nervous about fertilizers I'm scared there gonna kill my fish... lol

I guess it depends on how experienced you are and what type you use ;)

Yea I'm new to plants... Lol:eek:

BOTH! Root tabs for root feeding plants like Sword plants and Crypts, etc. Liquid ferts for stem plants and ferns like Anubias, Java Fern, Ludiwigias, Rotalas, Hygrophilias, etc.
Please research macro & micro ferts and what each is for. No need to be nervous about using ferts made for aquariums. Where people get into trouble is trying to use land based ferts without carefully researching. OS.

Ok.... what root an Liquid ferts do you reccomend?

BOTH! Root tabs for root feeding plants like Sword plants and Crypts, etc. Liquid ferts for stem plants and ferns like Anubias, Java Fern, Ludiwigias, Rotalas, Hygrophilias, etc.
Please research macro & micro ferts and what each is for. No need to be nervous about using ferts made for aquariums. Where people get into trouble is trying to use land based ferts without carefully researching. OS.

+1
Ferts are more of a necessity if you don't have root feeders like swords and crypts. But if you do have root feeders, use both root tabs and ferts. As long as you use the correct dosage, there should be no dead fish. I would also recommend researching on micro and macro ferts. They can be really helpful. :)

Ok... so much to take in... lol

There's a lot a of research and commitment to having a nice planted tank but the reward is well worth IMO. There's no quick and easy answer to all you need to know. However the internet has articles and plant sites galore to get you started right. Lots of options you can choose from, easy to very difficult. OS.

Back
Top Bottom