Ferts for 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You would need to add another light fixture or change to a different light fixture.

I have a dwarf gourami, 2 golden wonder killifish, 2 neons, 3 corys and a bristlenose pleco. I'm not sure if I have enough lighting.

Not to derail your thread, but you might think about rehoming the Pleco. They get up to 5" and that's just too big for a 10g.

The Fert advice was good :)
I use Flourish and Excel in my 10g tanks as well.

Also make sure your Java Ferns and similar plants aren't planted. Tie them to wood or rocks.

Anubias and
Ferns need to have rhizome above substrate.
Mosses I also often tie down with cotton thread.

Not to derail your thread, but you might think about rehoming the Pleco. They get up to 5" and that's just too big for a 10g.

The Fert advice was good :)
I use Flourish and Excel in my 10g tanks as well.

Also make sure your Java Ferns and similar plants aren't planted. Tie them to wood or rocks.

Anubias and
Ferns need to have rhizome above substrate.
Mosses I also often tie down with cotton thread.

My java fern is tied to rocks, but there is a lot of black beard algae all over it. Is there a way to get rid of it? I've read of bleach dips?

I was actually thinking about putting the pleco into my 36g with yellow labs and peacocks. Would this be bad?

My java fern is tied to rocks, but there is a lot of black beard algae all over it. Is there a way to get rid of it? I've read of bleach dips?

I was actually thinking about putting the pleco into my 36g with yellow labs and peacocks. Would this be bad?

BBA can be several factors. Not enough flow. Too much light. Over feeding. Not enough water changes. Too much fish poop.

I personally would never put a peaceful Amazonian Fish in an African aggressive tank. Wrong water params, wrong environment.

Find him a safe home in a larger peaceful tank.

I'd hand remove the algae. Large water change.
Lights on timers for only 6 hours a day. Feed less. Test water.

How long do you leave lights on daily? With algae you need to run them only 6 hours until algae is gone. Do you do weekly WC's and how much water do you change out? Do you know your nitrate and phosphate levels? BBA can be spot treated with Hydrogen Peroxide but will come back if you don't correct the problem causing it in the first place.

How long do you leave lights on daily? With algae you need to run them only 6 hours until algae is gone. Do you do weekly WC's and how much water do you change out? Do you know your nitrate and phosphate levels? BBA can be spot treated with Hydrogen Peroxide but will come back if you don't correct the problem causing it in the first place.

BBA can be several factors. Not enough flow. Too much light. Over feeding. Not enough water changes. Too much fish poop.

I personally would never put a peaceful Amazonian Fish in an African aggressive tank. Wrong water params, wrong environment.

Find him a safe home in a larger peaceful tank.

I'd hand remove the algae. Large water change.
Lights on timers for only 6 hours a day. Feed less. Test water.

I have my lights on 8 hours a day, 50% wc's a week. I'll try to get the pleco to my lfs this weekend. Nitrates are at 30ppm and I don't have a test for phosphates.

Reduce photoperiod to 6 hours. Also try to get nitrates to 20ppm or lower.

What type lighting and bulbs do you have? Also are you using any liquid carbon or CO2?

Reduce photoperiod to 6 hours. Also try to get nitrates to 20ppm or lower.

What type lighting and bulbs do you have? Also are you using any liquid carbon or CO2?

I'm still using the aqueon t8 flora max bulb and I'm dosing liquid carbon.

Back
Top Bottom