Few pics of my Planted Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supradupafast

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is a few pics of my 60gal Tank:

Attachments

• 60gal1.jpg
    60gal1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 60galpart1.jpg
    60galpart1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 60galpart2.jpg
    60galpart2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 93
  • stripedGourami2.jpg
    stripedGourami2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 83
Hey looks great!
How much light have your got in there,are you useing co2?
Is that just normal gravel or do you have some nutrient layers?
nice tank

looks nice. once some of the other plants in the background grows in it will look even better.

Thank you. I am not using CO2, these are all Low Tech plants. I am using white aquarium gravel. Been using Seachem Root Tabs, Excel Flourish Liquid Fert & Coralife 2x 65 Lights.

More of my 60gal

Attachments

• otocat_snail.jpg
    otocat_snail.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 81
  • pepperedcorey.jpg
    pepperedcorey.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 72
  • stripedGourami.jpg
    stripedGourami.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 60gal3.jpg
    60gal3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 67
Now, for my 20gal planted.
Running Coralife Lighting 38W, Aquaclear 30 & Whisper 10HOB, Marineland Pro 100W heater.
NO CO2, just Root Tabs & Flourish Excel Fert:
Enjoy :)

Attachments

• 20gal2.jpg
    20gal2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 70
  • pistolfemale1.jpg
    pistolfemale1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 66
  • columbiantetras1.jpg
    columbiantetras1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 65
  • leoparddanio1.jpg
    leoparddanio1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 74
My 10Gal QT.
two Apistos feeling under the weather. Malachite Green & Aquarium Salt. They appear to be doing better. I got them from the store sick :( Felt bad for them ..

Attachments

• Qtank.jpg
    Qtank.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 76
I'm so jealous. I wish I could just clap my hands and have an established, beautiful planted tank like yours.

I'm so jealous. I wish I could just clap my hands and have an established, beautiful planted tank like yours.

haha! Thanks... It's actually quite easy. Like I said, I am not into the CO2 thing, so I've went with all Low-Tech plants and some Fertilizers. Only few months ago, my first fish were two Bettas in a Separated 10gal Tank and now....... LOL

Thank you for the comment :) Much appreciated

Great looking tanks and photos:D. What type of camera are you using? I've tried photographing mine with my rebel but I must not be using the right settings any advice on how to take photos like yours?:rolleyes:
ex: shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance? any of that if you know?

Looks great. Any shrimp or "lobsters"? There are so many shrimp for freshwater now. I saw a dwarf ghost lobster (white small crayfish) the other day.

Great looking tanks and photos:D. What type of camera are you using? I've tried photographing mine with my rebel but I must not be using the right settings any advice on how to take photos like yours?:rolleyes:
ex: shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance? any of that if you know?

Hehe.. I'd be lying to say I took the photos. My wife is a professional photographer so I have no clue of what she did.. All I know is she uses a Canon SLR with special lenses.

Looks great. Any shrimp or "lobsters"? There are so many shrimp for freshwater now. I saw a dwarf ghost lobster (white small crayfish) the other day.

I am planning on putting some Shrimps in my 60 gal Tank soon, once it matures a lil' more.
I do have Bamboo Shrimps (x3) in my 20 gal at the moment. I've had them for about a year.

Could you post a list of the plants you're using? I'm getting ready to setup a 55 gallon planted tank, but I'm still looking for plant ideas. Budget constraints aren't really allowing for a CO2 setup at the moment.

Could you post a list of the plants you're using? I'm getting ready to setup a 55 gallon planted tank, but I'm still looking for plant ideas. Budget constraints aren't really allowing for a CO2 setup at the moment.

I really have no clue what most of the plants are called. I just got them at Big Al's in the low light planters section.
I know I have some "Cardimine lyrata " and they are doing absolutely awesome, and my "Elatine americana " are growing out of control (About 1"/day), and some "Bolbitis heudelotii" .
Those are about the only plants I know of. The rest are just randoms.

Back
Top Bottom