few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is a 125G light planted, and i have a two single trip with two bulb each 96 watts 6700 K 36 inches CF coral life.I have a pressurized CO2 system . The drop checker never work for me ,but since the CO2 system the ph drop from 8.2 to 7.6 .I used liquid fertilizer ,flourish,flourish iron ect.......I develop some green algae not sure what kind I am been looking and I am between two types,Blue Green Algae ,and Green Spot Algae.
My questions are
Its my light adequate for my tank? do I need more light?

I have few pics to see if you guys can help me to identified the algae.
The plants dont seem to me to be growing,lately they are gaining some color nice light green and some red at the tip only like only the tips are getting light.

Attachments

• IMGP2749.jpg
    IMGP2749.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMGP2752.jpg
    IMGP2752.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMGP2751.jpg
    IMGP2751.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMGP2750.jpg
    IMGP2750.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 41
Look here to help ID and solve the algae problem
Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association » Algae in the Planted Aquarium

Am I reading your post right? you have a total of 384 watts of light (2 strips, 2 bulbs each at 96W)?
no< this is what i have 2 fixture of Coralife Freshwater Aqualight Single Linear Strip Compact Fluorescent Fixture, 1X96 Watt, 36 inch
clear1x1.gif

prob would do better with more plants to help keep the algae at bay. green spot algae you can use a mag float to clean it though my personal fav is using nerites.

Back
Top Bottom