Filter with plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if there is a way to protect the plants from being sucked up the filter intake on a HOB filter. I have been have a problem with this and was wondering what other people do. I have two filters, a aqua clear 110 and a topfin 70.

I have an aquaclear and I just cut a hole in the middle and shoved it on the end

Using something like a sponge cover will help but it will slow down your filter flow. On my 55g I actually used some plastic pet screening used in windows and screen doors and stitched it by hand to make an intake cover for my Fluval 406 canister. It doesn't cut the filter flow down but plants will still stick against it somewhat. I also try to be sure not to put plants too close to the filter intake or use ones with stiffer leaves that don't suck up so easily.

I'll move the plants for now, but in the future I'm going to get some plants online to fill my tank when I get a co2 system, led lights and dry ferts

Back
Top Bottom