Finally heavily planted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got a shipment of 7 new plants and it's amazing how much damage to a nice aquascape a few new plant additions can do :) I have lots and lots of growing out to do as well as a ton of rearranging before I'm happy with my scape again. But it's really nice to have some new plants :D

Before:
75748-albums12252-picture59787.jpg

After:
75748-albums12252-picture60348.jpg

Just got a shipment of 7 new plants and it's amazing how much damage to a nice aquascape a few new plant additions can do :) I have lots and lots of growing out to do as well as a ton of rearranging before I'm happy with my scape again. But it's really nice to have some new plants :D

Before:

After:

Very nice! I really like it!

Thanks! :)

I'm kind of scared about how much die off the plants are going to go through. A fair number of them are obviously in their emersed forms and they aren't small plants.

I'm kind of scared about how much die off the plants are going to go through. A fair number of them are obviously in their emersed forms and they aren't small plants.

Ha I hear ya. I'm kind of scared of going to real live plants. I've only artificial in at the moment

Ha I hear ya. I'm kind of scared of going to real live plants. I've only artificial in at the moment

Going with live plants was one of the best decisions I've made :) Makes my tanks soo much more enjoyable (for me at least)

What is die off? What happens exactly? :blink: Probably something I should know before I start my planted tank?

What is die off? What happens exactly? :blink: Probably something I should know before I start my planted tank?

"Die off" refers to a phase where plant leaves decay or die off (sometimes in great numbers) due to some type of transition. An example of transition is going from being grown out of water to being submerged. Or it could be simply a change in lighting. If the plant is healthy and the conditions are favorable for plant growth, then new growth should replace the dead leaves.

At the top of the FW Planted forum are Stickies for plant care. Read up and ask questions. :)

Back
Top Bottom