Finally ready to take the plunge! Help me build the right co2 system.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
The title says it all, I want to build a co2 system for my tank. I want to do this right but don't want to spend a small fortune either. I want the system to be reliable and stable, can't risk hurting my fish or plants.

I am located in Canada so hopefully I can get all the hardware I need without too much hassle. I am getting a 15lb tank tonight and I think I am doing a day cerges reactor or something similar.

All advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advanced :)

I will watch since I am looking to buy,dma co2 system for my tank too that isn't too expensive and is stable

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I bought a co2art dual stage regulator with needle valve and solenoid and bubble counter.

I am making a cerges reactor which I bought all the parts I just need to assemble it (this weekend).

The tank has co2 and is ready to go. Assembly is actually pretty easy from the videos I have seen on YouTube.

I can give you guys an update on the build once I got everything, document it and maybe do a small video as well.

Use a medium duty, non permanent thread lock on all threaded connections. Not the tank to reg connection though, gas rated Teflon tape there. Before I would go through a 5# tank in a month or two. After re sealing everything I've had the same tank going over 5 months and counting. Replace orings after every tank swap and lubricate with a silicone based lube. Leaks are maddening... trust me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also I would set the system up when you have a day off so you can get a feel for it. Don't want to come home from work to blasting co2 and gasping fish.

Caleb

Also I would set the system up when you have a day off so you can get a feel for it. Don't want to come home from work to blasting co2 and gasping fish.

Caleb
For sure, it will be done over the weekend where I will be able to monitor it.

Do you start off with a ceramic air stone to have fine bubbles at start? How is it set up to work if you don't mind?

I will not be using no stones or anything. Just into the housing, down the sides, and up the center tuber and out. The co2 comes in at the same time and gets fully dissolved before coming out the other end.

Back
Top Bottom