Finally ready to upgrade lights...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libertybelle

Aquarium Advice Addict
...but not really sure how to go about doing so. I'm only growing low light plants, and they look fine and healthy (and pretty much no algae.) But of course with 1 t8 over a 29 gallon nothing is really thriving (except perhaps the moss!)

Found lots of DIY builds but I don't think I can handle that. I have a top fin 29 which is 30 inches long. So I'm looking at t5 or maybe dual T5 systems hoping that I can simply place it across my existing window in the hood? Something like:

Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

or

Aqualight with Colormax & 6700K T5 Fluorescent Lamps - 30 in

I kind of got overwhelmed by the options to be honest...So assuming a very limited understanding of lighting in a planted tank what do you guys think? Would something like this be ok? I really would prefer not to go too high on the lighting because I'd like for things to stay relatively low maintenance. (No C02, just micro-ferts and excel mostly) Slow growth doesn't bother me, but I think a little better lighting would help my plants a lot.

I'm certain there are ... but as I've no intention of growing more than low light plants perhaps we should start small?

Is there something wrong with those kind of units?

Back
Top Bottom