finnex fugeray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajwetton

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was wondering if anyone has the information about the watts for the fugeray led light (20 inch). Or the equiv of how many watts it would be if leds arent measured in watts. Thanks

What level of lighting are you trying to achieve? Low, moderate, or high light? How tall is the tank?

PAR value data would be a better measurement in figuring out your planted tank lighting needs.

Finnex has very good PAR data on their website. It includes PAR at different distances from the light straight below it as well as off to the side of the light. If I remember right off of the top of my head, the 20" (I'm assuming this is for a 10 gallon) model is 32 PAR at 12" below the fixture. That would be low-medium light.

Oh ive got a regular 20inch 10g tank with the fugeray 20inch strip(you recommended it) just wondering if theres a certain number of watts attached to that paticular fixture

Found the par data I just missed it before. Seems really bright on my 10g tank for only being 10 watts lol

Watts doesn't really apply to LEDs. That fixture may be pulling 10 watts, but it's equivalent output would be much more than that. Today's LED fixtures are very energy efficient.

Makes sense, was just curious. Wishing it was alittle less powerful so I could have the tank lights on more.

Start adding co2 or liquid carbon to keep them on longer. Or you can reduce the light intensity by suspending the light.

Yea I had it resting on the glass and changed to lidless and attqched it using the provided clips so its a few inches higher. And I dose excel.

Yea some, part of it I think has to with my ferts just got some new stuff on order so ill see after I give them a try

Back
Top Bottom