Finnex Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoutylad22

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, just wondered if anybody can help me pick the correct light for my aquarium. It's between the finnex planted plus or the finnex ray 2. My tank measures L 24 x W 12 x H 18 Inches. Distance from light to substrate is roughly 14 inches.

One more thing... does anybody currently run a finnex LED light on there tank in the uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My tank is 20 inches tall and I have the planted plus and it puts me in the lower side of medium I would say but my plants love it and are growing and spreading great.

In that case I would go with the planted + fixture. The Ray 2 is quite powerful.

+1
I would also use the planted+ if you want med light. The ray2 would most likely give you some serious algae problems.

Sent with my fingers

Another thing about the finnex planted plus is that I'm not 100% sure what size I should be getting. I've just measured the tank properly and it measures 23 and a half inches. Now would the 20 inch light be to small? Should I go with the 24 inch light?

Def 24

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom