Finnex Planted Plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsAquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking at getting a finnex planted plus for my tank. 48" long and about 15" tall.

I want to get a medium to high light system and saw there is finnex planted plus, ray2, fugeray. What are your opinions on the different types of these?

Any chance you can explain the quality and lighting strength of each?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ballpark estimates, you would get low, medium, and high light from the FugeRay, Planted+, and Ray2, respectively.
One criticism I read about the Ray2 is the lack of red diodes tends to give red plants a washed out appearance. They never get quite as red as they should.
The FugeRay also lacks the Reds and produces about 45 PAR at 12". At 15" it might be where low ends and medium light begins.
The Planted+ has the red diodes but not the intensity of the Ray2.
I am running at 30" FugeRay and 30" Planted+ on a 20g long (12" tall). The lights are on separate timers with an overlap of about one hour. During that hour it goes from medium to high lighting. Would the Planted+ only suffice on my tank? Probably. But like to be able to increase the lighting as needed. Plus, I get better light coverage with two fixtures.
Finnex are durable fixtures. The newest one (not yet distributed I believe) is the Planted+ 24/7 and is probably between the Planted+ and Ray2 PAR wise. It has some features that are seen in some of the Current LED fixture.
I would take a look at the Ecoxotic series. I like the Finnex fixtures. Just giving an option to check out.

Ray2 PAR data: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189944

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom