Finnex Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey you Finnex supporters out there! I have a quick question. I'm going to be setting up a 40g long after I move. The tank will have mostly low light plants so I planned on getting a 48 inch FugeRay (my 4th FugeRay) especially after looking at the par. My only problem is, I've noticed in all my tanks that have the FugeRay, that stem plants can't seem to keep their lower leaves alive. I am not so sure if it is a par problem, or a lack of consistency from me on the nutrient and carbon side. Anybody else experience this? Should I just get a Ray2?

I have a 24" Fugeray on my 26g bf. The depth to substrate is about 18". I added some Ludwigia a few months ago and it grew slowly at first after dropping some leaves after the initial planting, but since then it has reached the top of the tank and even taken on some nice red hues. I haven't lost any leaves since the initial shock and it looks healthy to me, including the lower parts.

Yeah. In my 10g, I have some Ludwigia "Cuba" in there. Nearer the surface, it has that nice tight growth, but down below...not so much...maybe I just need to trim and see if it grows back in nice.

Back
Top Bottom