Finnex VS. Current USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's stronger than the planted plus but lacks the reds and blues.. could potentially create a washed out look, do you have dark substrate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It will most def brighten that bad boy up..

Just chiming in, giving more issues to be solved, but I have a similar issue, and I don't even know which light to get. A dude told me to get finnex fugeray planted +, but that seems way to complicated. I just want a basic, bright light for an 18 inch deep tank. Any Ideas?

Just chiming in, giving more issues to be solved, but I have a similar issue, and I don't even know which light to get. A dude told me to get finnex fugeray planted +, but that seems way to complicated. I just want a basic, bright light for an 18 inch deep tank. Any Ideas?

Re read the thread, all info can be tailored to your tank too!

I have a 29 too and going high tech. I'm going with the BML xb 30. It's pretty pricey but with it you can do whatever you want. I also purchased the PPS pro and a co2 regulator with solenoid.

Abe has the BML regular Dutch and his tank looks good. I'm running DIY light now.

The light will take me a bit to get. Hopefully I'm a good boy this year and Santa might hook it up.

Brookster, are you gonna run a paintball tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 29 too and going high tech. I'm going with the BML xb 30. It's pretty pricey but with it you can do whatever you want. I also purchased the PPS pro and a co2 regulator with solenoid.

Abe has the BML regular Dutch and his tank looks good. I'm running DIY light now.

The light will take me a bit to get. Hopefully I'm a good boy this year and Santa might hook it up.

Brookster, are you gonna run a paintball tank?

My man.. yah I ordered a 20 oz. I was going to go the 5lb. route before I realized the dicks 2 min from Mt place does $4 refills! did you order the bml? I'm starting to really like these current leds, that e series seems totally on the level..

No not yet. I've only sold a few orders of shrimp, so at this rate I'll be lucky to have it by DEC.

I was hoping you said the 5lbs tank. I'm having trouble finding one that's cheap. I should have went paintball, but hey go big or go home. Lol

No not yet. I've only sold a few orders of shrimp, so at this rate I'll be lucky to have it by DEC.

I was hoping you said the 5lbs tank. I'm having trouble finding one that's cheap. I should have went paintball, but hey go big or go home. Lol

I almost traveled that road myself, I bickered too much on a cl ad and lost it, had I know what those tanks go for i would have thrown him the dough without a second thought.. have you googled fill spots? What did you order? My solenoid is standard but I got the paintball adapter for $10..

Maybe if the OP counter balanced the washed out bright white light from the Ray 2 with colormax red bulbs in the t5, that might work. Not sure if both bulbs or just 1 red and 1 midday.

Maybe if the OP counter balanced the washed out bright white light from the Ray 2 with colormax red bulbs in the t5, that might work. Not sure if both bulbs or just 1 red and 1 midday.

Good point. I recall you describing the washed out effect of the Ray2 a while back. I believe the Ray2 is equivalent to 3 T-5s (HO I presume).

I'm using a 24 oz paintball tank and going into week 15 on the same fillup in early April.

My man.. yah I ordered a 20 oz. I was going to go the 5lb. route before I realized the dicks 2 min from Mt place does $4 refills! did you order the bml? I'm starting to really like these current leds, that e series seems totally on the level..
Got mine filled there as well. They had a deal where you get the fifth refill for free. You just need to bring this box they provide; they will check off each fill up.

I'm using a 24 oz paintball tank and going into week 15 on the same fillup in early April.

Got mine filled there as well. They had a deal where you get the fifth refill for free. You just need to bring this box they provide; they will check off each fill up.

hey, good to know! Seems like a great deal! $20 a year??

I almost traveled that road myself, I bickered too much on a cl ad and lost it, had I know what those tanks go for i would have thrown him the dough without a second thought.. have you googled fill spots? What did you order? My solenoid is standard but I got the paintball adapter for $10..

My neighbor has a kegerator with a co2 regulator. The place he fills up is airgas and costs around $20 to fill.

Here is the regulator I have.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330924682316

Back
Top Bottom