First attempt at aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was trimming but it seemed to cause quite a bit to turn Brown ?

Florabase pro I think it is called. I am adding liquid co2 ?

Florabase pro I think it is called. I am adding liquid co2 ?

Carpet plants are generally pretty demanding on the co2. Being only liquid it will be a pretty slow grower. It may carpet over time but I'd expect it to take a fair few months. I never had much luck with hairgrass either to be honest.

U have a nutrient rich substrate tho so that's in your favour. Give it time it may work, u can always double dose excel without too many dramas aswell

IMG_0609.jpg IMG_0608.jpg new additions, 1 male Congo tetra and 3 females, also added some more orange finned zebra danios.
Overall 4 Congo Tetras, 6 cardinals, 12 o.f. Danios, 3 ottos and 7 amano shrimp although those guys have ninja stealth.

IMG_0610.jpg crypts are starting to bronze and wisteria coming well. Will invest soon in co2 to try and aid carpeting of d.h. So far very happy

Image1496179012.582089.jpg wisteria and java fern growing like mad with the anubius. Struggling with the hair grass tho think co2 is really needed

Could anybody share some light on what the potential problem could be here. I have added pressurised co2 in the last week but crypts started deteriorating beforehand? Pictures below ? Thanks

Are the crypts new? It is not uncommon for them to melt when introduced to new. Usually the older, larger leaves go first.
If not, are you adding substrate fertilizers? They are greedy root feeders.

No they have been thriving been there for months. No I am not suplimenting fertiliser. I have substrate but no root tabs etc ? You think that could be the problem ? I wondered if it was a co2 problem (from not having co2) and not being able to photosynthesise effectively, but could be lack of nutrient ?

No they have been thriving been there for months. No I am not suplimenting fertiliser. I have substrate but no root tabs etc ? You think that could be the problem ? I wondered if it was a co2 problem (from not having co2) and not being able to photosynthesise effectively, but could be lack of nutrient ?

Yeah, put some root tabs under those. With pressurized CO2, nutrient uptake will be increased due to increased rate of photosynthesis, so supplement some liquid ferts as well. PPS-Pro is lean and lasts a long time. Maybe look into that.

I have tried looking for them but everything says not available. Are they on eBay or amazon or something ?

Another question. I have a danio larger than the others, anybody reckon she's carrying roe ?

Everything seems to be getting on a lot better after adding root tabs. Also cut down light. Thoughts ??IMG_1885.jpgIMG_1884.jpg

Back
Top Bottom