First attempt at aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest I'd get rid of the hood filter and get a canister when you can ;) you will get better filtration and then you have the option or an inline diffuser or co2 reactor if you decide to go down that path later on. I'm a big preacher for canisters and spray bars tho ;)

Image1486940236.678069.jpg have replaced hood filter with fluval 406 canister. And put a black background behind. Very happy with how the hair grass and anubius is coming along. Any suggestions for more plants ??

Looks great. How about a couple a.nana petite on wood. Maybe something in front right corner?

I was thinking maybe some java ferns as well? And some crypts in the front right

Ya sounds good. I wouldn't get a large crypt or vals get blocked.

IMG_0407.jpg decent enough spacing for potential carpet? Have trimmed back a little today, can see a few runners. Hoping it will carpet.

Looks good! What substrate are you using? Ada? The new growth of the anubias looks nice and healthy aswell. You'll need to work out some fert dosing for the tank aswell seeing your going for a carpet. PPS pro is good for the less demanding plants. EI is better for heavily planted/high tech plants

Crypt wendtii would be a good addition also Java fern and some need leaf Java will give you a fair bit of cover to fill in the bare patchs

Using Colombo flora base pro ? Yeah it's showing some nice white roots too quite happy with it. Next month will get a power head get an it more current onto them, anubius leaves have a little brown sediment on them. Have put in some orange fin zebra danios (6) today. Try and get things moving again, and bought some dwarf baby tears. Not sure how that will go without co2 injection but thought I would give it a go. I will look into ferts definitely. Jungle val really melted lost half of it at least. Not sure why tho :/

Using Colombo flora base pro ? Yeah it's showing some nice white roots too quite happy with it. Next month will get a power head get an it more current onto them, anubius leaves have a little brown sediment on them. Have put in some orange fin zebra danios (6) today. Try and get things moving again, and bought some dwarf baby tears. Not sure how that will go without co2 injection but thought I would give it a go. I will look into ferts definitely. Jungle val really melted lost half of it at least. Not sure why tho :/

Val does tend to melt when first added. It will almost completely die before new growth starts. Don't be too quick to pull it out ;)

Image1489166669.281526.jpg anubius is showing lots of good new growth and healthy leaves

Image1489166792.716987.jpg can anybody help me identify this plant ? My thought were some sort of java fern or similar

Image1489166877.562482.jpg and any reccomendations on my DH. Appears a little brown and faded in colour ?

The plant is a regular java fern. Do you have some bba? Hard tell from picture. Never grown DH but im sure a couple others here have lol

The plant is a regular java fern. Do you have some bba? Hard tell from picture. Never grown DH but im sure a couple others here have lol

Yes I believe I do appeared recently. Solutions ?

First thing id do is reduce photo period. Check ph to insure co2 levels are correct. Try and increase co2. Trim/remove affected material. Spot treat with glut/h2o2

tapatalk_1488452836180.jpeg

Spot treatment? Meaning removal of plants from water or can they be targetted with the tank as it is ?

Target in tank. Syringe for excel. I use small spray bottle for h2o2. Usually do when I do wc.

Back
Top Bottom