First attempt at planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riddick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good evening everyone,

Thought I'd share my first attempt at a planted setup,
It's been years since I last had an aquarium and I'm enjoying getting back into it.

Any feedback on the aesthetics would be appreciated
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419372984.610585.jpg

Climbing up the steep slope of the learning curve.

For a first tank that looks pretty good mate. What ferts are you dosing for them crypts?

The only thing I can say is that the crypts kinda look like they're in a straight line.

For a first tank that looks pretty good mate. What ferts are you dosing for them crypts?

The only thing I can say is that the crypts kinda look like they're in a straight line.

Hi Matt,

I'm using TNC root plugs, Eheim 7 day slow release liquid and Flourish Excel.

Thanks for the note about the Crypts, so difficult to make things look "Natural" they do look kind of straight in the photo, they are zig zag back to front, bit difficult to move them now as the rocks would need moving as well, maybe a project for a rainy day :)

I see a lot of crypts :) what else is in that tank?

Sent per three-eyed raven..

There are some cabomba in the left of center and amazon sword in left rear too.

I'm unsure of some of the names, my LFS doesn't have them labeled :-(
From memory there is
Jungle Val
Java fern
Narrow leaf ludwigia
Amazon Sword
The crypts came in a pot, once I'd removed them from the pot I had several plants, hence the abundance of them, the others also came potted but didn't have as many individual plants.

The Eheim fert is a 7 day slow release, again I'm a bit limited to what my LFS has in stock, once I gain a bit of knowledge and experience I'll start ordering from the web ?

Thanks for all your comments ?

I'm thinking maybe if you moved the one that's dead centre off to the left a bit let us see the driftwood abit more I think it won't make it look so square then. Otherwise kudos I wished my tank looked this good first off.

You'll get the itch to change everything around. Ahaha

I love how good the plants look. Here is what I might do.
Try moving the crypts to the sides. The rock in the back, put it right behind those crypts and move the Cambodia (that's what I think it is, the tall kelp like thing?) to where the rock was.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Looks great to me! Only thing I would suggest is a bit more wood. Perhaps an odd shaped branch or an interesting piece of bogwood :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for all your comments ?

I have made a minor changeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419623879.822988.jpg

I'm liking the way it looks now and my fish seem happy too ??
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419623950.149833.jpg

Just some of the eggs that I found when I came home from work, counted about 50 of them dotted around the glass ??

Oh and the radiator you can see in the photo never gets turned on ??

Gorgeous. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks ?

Yeah, that's the tricky part, always thinking, what if I move this to there? Which always leads to moving other things ?

Next thing to change will be the filter, want to change to external, but that will have to wait for a while, other priorities in the house ?

Been thinking about CO2 but I wouldn't go down the DIY route, need to be able to control it as there are shrimp in there.

Been thinking about CO2 but I wouldn't go down the DIY route, need to be able to control it as there are shrimp in there.

I did the diy route for quiet a while. My RCS did really well,.. multiplied like roaches....I probably have 75+ now..started with 10...

Are those fish or nerite eggs? Look like fish... What species? That's awesome!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Back
Top Bottom