First ever flower!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408158993.107802.jpg

10g betta (and neon) tank!

Is it because we turned the temp down? It's 79 degrees. Or because we forgot to turn off the co2 one night?

Sent from my iPhone

It will look even better once it opens! I had this happen on my Anubia once and never found a real answer to why it happens. Some say phosphate levels, others said lighting/photoperiod... It looked awesome while it lasted though! Good Work, whatever it was you did...!

It will look even better once it opens! I had this happen on my Anubia once and never found a real answer to why it happens. Some say phosphate levels, others said lighting/photoperiod... It looked awesome while it lasted though! Good Work, whatever it was you did...!

Thanks! Can't wait to see it open, we noticed the one on the other wall had a bloom too. This little betta tank is proving to be one our most successful planted tanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Lucky!
I have ones that started on both of mine several months ago, but then just sort of stalled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All three tanks with Anubis has them, I think it's the temp. We recently turned every one down to 78 and that's when the flowers popped up. How warm is your tank?

Sent from my iPhone

I keep my tanks at 76F. I have low-ish light in that tank, high pH of 8.4, and pretty high GH and KH as well. I figured it probably had more to do with one or more of those factors.

Not in that tank I don't. Its my "low tech" 20 gallon tank, so I just dose glut and the Flourish line of liquid ferts... though I'll be switching over to PPS-Pro once my bottle of Comprehensive runs out (soon I think). As far as glut goes, Im currently dosing 2ml of Metricide 14 daily.

Back
Top Bottom