First ever planted tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candacecook1025

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just redid my 10 gallon shrimp tank! Once the water clears I will put all the shrimp in it. This is my very first attempt at live plants, so don't be too harsh. But I definitely welcome suggestions!

Using AquaClear 20 HOB filter. Seachem Flourish and Flourish Excel. Eco Complete substrate. Lots of different plants (couple that I don't even know).

Still waiting on a large order of java moss...going to cover the whole back wall with moss, for the shrimplets.

Anything the tank needs? Anything I did super wrong? Thanks!

P.S. the large rock on the wood will be gone once the wood stays down.

Attachments

• IMG_3663.jpg
    IMG_3663.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 99
Good job it looks great! It will look awesome once all your plants fill in. Have you thought about painting the back of the tank? I really like the black look and it makes my plants and fish pop! I have a ten almost cycled so ill be getting my shrimp soon!

Thanks! I hope the plants fill in fairly quickly :)

The back of the tank is black, actually. I guess there is a glare in the pic. No matter; that back will be covered up soon enough with a moss wall anyways.

What type of shrimp are you getting? I currently have a bazillion red cherries in my community tank, and this 10 gal will be for the Blue Velvets. Next tank will probably be neon yellows. I am getting obsessed with shrimp! Also thinking of adding some Tangerine Tigers with the Blue Velvets, to add some more color.

Thanks! I hope the plants fill in fairly quickly :)

The back of the tank is black, actually. I guess there is a glare in the pic. No matter; that back will be covered up soon enough with a moss wall anyways.

What type of shrimp are you getting? I currently have a bazillion red cherries in my community tank, and this 10 gal will be for the Blue Velvets. Next tank will probably be neon yellows. I am getting obsessed with shrimp! Also thinking of adding some Tangerine Tigers with the Blue Velvets, to add some more color.

I'm planing on red cherry shrimp to start with. New to shrimp so just wanna start with the easy ones lol.

Wow I didn't even see the back looking black!! Lol my bad.

I'm with ya on the shrimp addiction !!! I have seen sooooo many crazy beautiful shrimp online that I want soo bad!!! So I'm sure you will see me again with other shrimp posts lol. Have you seen the King Kong blacks? Wow and CRS? So expensive though!!! But the blues are very beautiful as well.

Yep, there are some really beautiful shrimp out there. The Caridina shrimp are much more delicate so I stick with the Neos. But I think there are also some really pretty Neos too. The Blue Velvets are some of my faves. Will look forward to seeing how your shrimp fare in the future! :)

Yep, there are some really beautiful shrimp out there. The Caridina shrimp are much more delicate so I stick with the Neos. But I think there are also some really pretty Neos too. The Blue Velvets are some of my faves. Will look forward to seeing how your shrimp fare in the future! :)

Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing your blues!! And can't wait till I go from neos to caridina. So following :)

Lol I planning on having blues in my 5.5 gallon and some cherry shrimp in my six and some orange and yellow shrimp in my other two tanks shrimp are just awesome....and the tank looks good the shrimp will love it

Thanks Jev12!

Just moved the shrimp to their new home and they are already zooming around exploring! Will post pics once they are settled and their color has returned to the gorgeous blue it is!

I can't wait to get my blues I'm going to order them probably next week since I'm going out of town on Thursday and won't be back until Monday which will also give my ten gallon time to get all cycled and then I can put my betta in it then put shrimp in my five gallon....and can't wait to see pics of the shrimp in your tank...how many do you have

Just started with the blues so right now I only have 8...expecting another shipment of 10+ tomorrow, and will possibly purchase another 10 or so, so there is more of a genetic pool to work with. Then will just let them do their thing and multiply!

That's awesome it will be cool once you have a lot in the tank

Back
Top Bottom