First heavily planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have had quite a few plants for the last 3 months but yesterday I added 4 cryptocoryne spiralis, 14 stems bacopa caroliniana, 10 stems rotala indica and 4 brownie Buce, the rotala didn't come in good good shape but hopefully it'll come back and grow better than it looked like it was doing at the plant farm, everything else came in looking good, i expect things to go south until they get acclimated, don't mind the tank it's cloudy from planting and replanting.
New layout https://imgur.com/gallery/7q8C2v1

That ludwigia looks really really good. I'm not sure it's repens...

Tank looks good as a whole, I wouldn't call it anywhere near "heavily" planted just yet, looks lightly planted to me ;)

Rotala usually bounces back nicely, Just make sure to trim off the bad lower portions and plant the "good" tops.

I would look into some larger leaved - non-stem background plants.

Helanthiums, cyprus helferi, cryptocoryne balansae.

If you want some fast growing stems that have a finer leaf structure, look into some myriophyllum spp.

Keep up the good work!

That ludwigia looks really really good. I'm not sure it's repens...

Tank looks good as a whole, I wouldn't call it anywhere near "heavily" planted just yet, looks lightly planted to me ;)

Rotala usually bounces back nicely, Just make sure to trim off the bad lower portions and plant the "good" tops.

I would look into some larger leaved - non-stem background plants.

Helanthiums, cyprus helferi, cryptocoryne balansae.

If you want some fast growing stems that have a finer leaf structure, look into some myriophyllum spp.

Keep up the good work!
I have absolutely no more room for plants, the whole back wall is full, can't really see behind the drift wood on the right but that's where the short stems of rotala and bacopa are as well as a 8" cryptocoryne Wendtii red, behind the rock is 4 spiralis, I was going to put a balanse and a C. NATANS on the right side but there's literally no room.

Ty on the compliment, there's 3 rows of plants along the whole back wall though

Here is my "heavily" planted 5.5 ;)

I think when your tank grows in some more it will drastically change how it looks now in the pic.

Looks good anyway, I really like the colour of your crypts and ludwigia.

Attachments

• 5 gal W18 1.JPG
    5 gal W18 1.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 5 gal W18 2.JPG
    5 gal W18 2.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 56
Here is my "heavily" planted 5.5 ;)

I think when your tank grows in some more it will drastically change how it looks now in the pic.

Looks good anyway, I really like the colour of your crypts and ludwigia.
I Can't afford to do that to a 55 gallon lol, once I get taller stems i have no idea where I'm going to put the clippings honestly ??

I Can't afford to do that to a 55 gallon lol, once I get taller stems i have no idea where I'm going to put the clippings honestly ����

RAOK or sell them away on forums / local classifieds. That's what I do anyway....

And my rule is ANY $$$ I make off plants goes right back into my aquarium hobby fund. Keeps things new and exciting always having a small slush fund to try new things out.

Wow Rick, your tank is really coming along. I'm glad you kept the Texas Holey Rock, it really goes well with the vegetation.
Z×C you have definitely reached " Plant Guru" status on AA. (y)

Wow Rick, your tank is really coming along. I'm glad you kept the Texas Holey Rock, it really goes well with the vegetation.

I also like the rock, I never see it mixed in with plants, it’s refreshing from the “usual” rock I’m seeing in scaped planted tanks. I can’t nit pick, my main tank is running with seiryu stone.... so I’m mixed in with the “norm”.

Im using dark, smooth river stone when I redo my 90 gallon, something different from the rest I’m hoping for.

I’m not sure I’m a guru yet, I’m learning new things every day. Lots of trial and error. Massive mistakes equals massive lessons learned [emoji6]

Ty bud I am happy with it, i do have a feeling I'm going to run into some snags but I will sort them out when they come.

Back
Top Bottom