First time making a java moss tree, it’s brown. How do I make this better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleykw

Aquarium Advice Regular
I ordered moss online and it arrived mostly brown. I put my tree together using sponges and super glue with a fake decoration bare-branched tree. I’m pretty bummed that it’s mostly brown though, and would like to try and brighten it up before adding it to my tank. I put the tree in a bucket along with a root tab to the water, and placed it in a room that gets natural sunlight. The light is not directly hitting the plants, however. Is this a good setup to ensure a brighter, happier plant over a bit of time before introducing to my tank? IMG_0079.jpg

Use some dingy old tank water plus the root tab.

Algae will likely get a hold of it sitting in sunlight tho...

Might be best to salvage what you can and put into your tank.

Use some dingy old tank water plus the root tab.

Algae will likely get a hold of it sitting in sunlight tho...

Might be best to salvage what you can and put into your tank.
+1. That stuff is really hard to kill. You should have some that's still salvageable.

If it doesn't spring back to life let me know. I would be willing to send you some Thai moss or peacock moss for just the cost of shipping. I think the Thai moss would look a lot better than java moss. Its a much more dense and less stringy moss. The peacock moss has a similar look to java moss.

If it doesn't spring back to life let me know. I would be willing to send you some Thai moss or peacock moss for just the cost of shipping. I think the Thai moss would look a lot better than java moss. Its a much more dense and less stringy moss. The peacock moss has a similar look to java moss.

Thanks! It’s in my tank now looking a bit more green in some areas but still mostly brown. If it doesn’t perk up I’ll definitely take up your offer. Thanks again! :)

Back
Top Bottom