Fish Eating my Rotala Walichii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
I think it is mostly my SAEs... they have not touched any of my other fine leaf plants, but I have caught them nibbling the Rotala W several times. Some of the newer leaves at the top are visibly eaten back as well. Am I just out of luck here, or is there anything I can do to keep them from eating my new plant?

You will probably be out of luck when your fish develop a taste for a certain plant it is either the fish or that particular plant. I have read the SAEs will eat plants and some people have ended up getting rid of them, most times they are alright with plants. I know I have otos and a bristlenose in some of my tanks, when there isn't much algae in my tank I will feed them blanched vegetables like brocolli or carrots.

My SAE'e also ate mine and every time new growth looked like a couple of twigs .I tossed it but still like that plant.

I also have problems with my SAEs eating wallichii as well as Mayaca fluviatilis. I think they are either too fragile to withstand the fishes' algae grazing activities or just too tasty.

Back
Top Bottom