Fish for 10g heavily planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any suggestions to start the cycle? Fish in cycle.

You could do that, but you'd have to keep a very good eye on the parameters. If you're getting some hardier fish I'd do the fish-in and be diligent, but if you're getting sensitive fish like the puffers do a fish less cycle.

Also for stocking look into sparkling gouramis. IMO they kind of look like a cichlids as in their colorful (when the light hits them). I also am a fan of the dps just because they're super cute and do very well in a heavily planted aquarium!

You could do that, but you'd have to keep a very good eye on the parameters. If you're getting some hardier fish I'd do the fish-in and be diligent, but if you're getting sensitive fish like the puffers do a fish less cycle.

Also for stocking look into sparkling gouramis. IMO they kind of look like a cichlids as in their colorful (when the light hits them). I also am a fan of the dps just because they're super cute and do very well in a heavily planted aquarium!

Thx for the ideas, what are dps? Sparkling gouramis sound good.

Why no for a Bolivian ram? If not that, what about some other dwarf cichlids, like apistos?

You can put a blue ram in a ten gallon until they out grow it so get a baby one and raise It to be around 2 inches and then sell it and get a new one

So they would work for the cycle? What about African dwarf frogs?

Oh no, I would never cycle with those fish. Sorry, I did not realize that was what you spoke of. Do you have any other tank? Or a friend with a tank? You can use some seeded material from their tank to help jump start your cycle.

Oh no, I would never cycle with those fish. Sorry, I did not realize that was what you spoke of. Do you have any other tank? Or a friend with a tank? You can use some seeded material from their tank to help jump start your cycle.

+1 rams will die within 24 hours in a un cycled tank

Pearl danios are the standard for most chain petstores so that is indeed the type of danio I intend for a few weeks of cycling. Glofish are a type of danio as well that are commonly sold except in California so I assume one could use those as well

Back
Top Bottom