Fish pulling up my plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkyBoy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am trying to carpet eleocharis parvula and it had all my fish in a different tank for two weeks to let the plants take root to my substrate but once I put the fish back into the tank they got to work on pulling it up and I am wondering if there is any way to stop them pulling at my plants ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399639815.874716.jpg

I would but because it is eleocharis parvula it is just basically blades of grass planted all round the tank I think I may need to take the fish out again until it carpets I was told that if I planted it with the fish in the tank this would probably happen and they said if you can have the fish in another tank for a couple of weeks it would have given them a chance to take root which I did maybe I should wait until it fully carpets before putting the fish back in I am fairly new to aquascaping and I am loving my plants more than the fish at the moment
Thanks for your advice

60l or 13g it's quite a small tank with 2x aqua glo t8s plus a 18" White led strip and a 12" blue led strip for nighttime I dose co2 with a internal filter just to move the water and a external canister filter to do the biological & mechanical work I use seachem flourish & seachem iron for nutrients

whats your live stock? looks overstocked to me. anyways ive noticed my livebearers will pick at leaves and on occasion rip out the plants.

I may have sorted it I pressed down on the substrate with the palm on my Hand to compress it when I did a 50% water change which seems to be holding the plants down for the moment. But seriously guys thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom