fish tank fried.. what would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Long story short I had a mishap with some storms last night and it literally destroyed my fish tank.. The gods do not approve of my interests.. but alas call thee Hercules I continue into the abyss.

I'm starting over. And im lost, I had a low/mid tech tank. No c02 but I used liquid ferts (the general regime, though lacking iron). So I'm wondering if you had to do it all over again what would you do differently?

What I'm going to try and do is hide my hardware more. I don't like the look of wires, tubes for filters and heaters sticking out from behind my plants. If you have any tips there I'd love to roll with it.

Anyone have small heaters in the back of a HOB filter?

Wow. How did the storm destroy your tanks? Power surge? Anyway, you could stick a heater in the HOB compartment if you have space. If I had to redo I would scape it entirely different and probably choose a different stock. I would also get a real nutrient rich substrate, like ADA Aqua Soil. That's about it because I'm pretty satisfied with my tanks.

Hiding the mechanicals would be my #1 also. I keep looking at sump systems that do it all down below, or a large acrylic I saw on craigslist that had the overflow box in back, it had been a marine tank ...

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom