Fish with a rescape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
What does everybody do with their fish when they rescape? I am going to redo mine but the terror I feel as I contemplate moving plants that are well rooted in a dirted substrate is giving me the willies.

Depends on what is being done. I try to catch the fish and place them in a bucket if possible. But that does not always happen.
For a dirted tank, I would remove the fish.IMG_1195.jpg

The otos should be fun maybe I will wait until this spring/summer. Plus it will give me more time to get the pieces I want to add.

The otos should be fun maybe I will wait until this spring/summer. Plus it will give me more time to get the pieces I want to add.

If your fully stripping it I’d almost replace the substrate to be honest. I rescaped mine a few months back and pulled all the plants and syphoned all the dirt out that came through the top layer. I had to cut a lot of them off and bury the base under the substrate due to the large root systems. Now I’ve got crypts popping back up all over the place where I pulled them out lol [emoji23]

we just left our fish in when we rescaped our tank but or plants wernt rooted in the gravel

Back
Top Bottom