Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Asian Biotope Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a current picture of my Rotala rotundifolia: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419124824.772957.jpg

I expect it to color up and grow faster when the CO2 is installed. Still though, if it can grow like this with sparse CO2, it should grow REALLY well with the CO2. I might install the CO2 system tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You will really enjoy press. co2...I hated I waited as long as I did....

I hope I will since it cost me about $400 haha. How long did it take for you to notice noticeable results in your plants after you installed your CO2 system?

I hope I will since it cost me about $400 haha. How long did it take for you to notice noticeable results in your plants after you installed your CO2 system?

Honestly, just a couple of days. it was wild how much healthier the plants looked so quick.

Honestly, just a couple of days. it was wild how much healthier the plants looked so quick.

Cool! I just installed my CO2 system. It took me a little while to get everything correct, but I got it in the end. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419198803.718240.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419198822.372728.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419198841.417192.jpg

Ahh yes.. another one be gassing yo...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks like I'll have to do a 50-60% water change today. I accidentally overdosed on my micros. Haha, I used to wrong end of the fert bottle ?.

Don't sweat it... you went ei for a day, just skip a dose

Don't sweat it... you went ei for a day, just skip a dose

Okay. Sounds good! By the way, I'm having a snail explosion in my tank right now. Do you know of any way to eliminate the problem without buying any fish or using chemicals? I have 2 Assassin Snails, but the snail population is way too large for them. I don't want to buy more Assassin Snails either.

Also, to everyone who is following, I've already noticed results. For example, one of my Crypts is starting to turn red (it wasn't prior to yesterday), and there is new leaf growth too! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419278812.599650.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419278834.242371.jpg

More assassins or a snail trap perhaps? ?

How are you liking your co2 so far?I know it hasn't been that long but....

I'm liking it very well as of the moment. I've noticed some results in some plants (little results, but it is still exciting). It was fun to see a plant pearl for the first time, even if it is just Java Fern.

I'm liking it very well as of the moment. I've noticed some results in some plants (little results, but it is still exciting). It was fun to see a plant pearl for the first time, even if it is just Java Fern.

I hear ya bud..thats awesome. If you are like me you will start going for the more advanced plants now.....

I hear ya bud..thats awesome. If you are like me you will start going for the more advanced plants now.....

Definitely! I've decided that I'm not going to put Crypt Parva in my tank since it'd take forever to grow. I'd like to have 2 foreground plants, but I can't seem to find the second one that'd be Asian as well.

If you just plant a ton of the parva it should grow pretty good in your setup..

Back
Top Bottom