Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon High-Tech Tank

Fish,what size reactor did you go with? As far as clamps go a simple ziptie will do for why I'm looking for..
Just got the shipping conformation for the medium size reactor for my order.

sit in silence...

I'm going to get the medium sized reactor since it's rated for 95-264 GPH, and my Eheim 2213 has a 116 GPH flow rate, so I think that should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I added some plants just a moment ago. Tonight I will post some pictures!

Updated tank specifications:

30 gallon long planted tank

Plants--Cyperus helferi, Rotala macrandra, Limnophilia aromatica, AR 'rosaefolia', AR 'mini', Ludwigia sp. red, Christmas Moss and Java Fern on driftwood, Anubias nana 'petite' on driftwood, Blyxa japonica, Dwarf Hairgrass, Duckweed, Downoi, and Lobelia cardinalis.

Fish--10 Harlequin Rasboras, 2 Panda Garra Loaches, 6 Kuhli Loaches, 5 Assassin Snails, 2 Gold Dwarf Honey Gourami, a couple old tetras and a remaining Threadfin Rainbowfish.

Equipment: Eheim 2213 filter that will be connected to an Ista Max Mix medium CO2 reactor (at the moment, I'm using a GLA ceramic diffuser), GLA GRO CO2 system, Hydor Koralia 240 powerhead, AquaticLife Duel T5 HO lamp with 1 Giesemann Tropic Bulb and 1 Giesemann Super Flora Bulb.

Plant Health Additives: The above mentioned T5 HO lamp and CO2 system, PPS-Pro daily dosing (I overdose the recommended dosing a bit due to the plant mass in my tank) with a weekly dose of Seachem Iron, Eco-Complete Substrate on top of Seachem Flourite Sand.

Maintenance: Weekly tank cleaning with a water change at around 30%, and I clean the filter and spray bar once a month.

Finally! Nice variety of plants there. Will be fun watching these grow out.

Very nice setup and Congrats on the 1000 mark ?

Also, I used Flourish plant glue to attach the Anubias and Xmas Moss to the driftwood pieces. I highly recommend using this product instead of fishing line or thread. It makes attaching plants so much easier.

That anubias looks vulnerable to the t5HO!! Looking good otherwise

I ordered the Ista Max Mix yesterday, and I plan on hooking it up midweek next week. I also got some magnetic suction cups so that I won't have to constantly replace them, and I got a new impeller for my old Eheim 2213 (I've gone 7 years without replacing the impeller!). Picture updates to come tomorrow after a water change.

Almost gassed out my fish. I saw them at the top of the tank gasping for air. I turned off the CO2 and I'm going to do a quick water change.

Almost gassed out my fish. I saw them at the top of the tank gasping for air. I turned off the CO2 and I'm going to do a quick water change.

Any idea what the bps was prior to shutting it off? Looks like you will want to start slowly when you get the reactor up and running.

Any idea what the bps was prior to shutting it off? Looks like you will want to start slowly when you get the reactor up and running.

Around 3-4 bps (probably at 3.5). I had to add some more water to the bubble counter yesterday and I messed with the needle valve. My mistake. When I set up the reactor, I will start off VERY slow. I'll be putting an aerator in the tank for the night.

Around 3-4 bps (probably at 3.5). I had to add some more water to the bubble counter yesterday and I messed with the needle valve. My mistake. When I set up the reactor, I will start off VERY slow. I'll be putting an aerator in the tank for the night.

Hey Fish,I received the maxmix today&to be honest I am severely dissapointed with the reactor along with the included parts...

20L Mafia...

Hey Fish,I received the maxmix today&to be honest I am severely dissapointed with the reactor along with the included parts...

20L Mafia...

Mine leaked out of the box.. apparently they're best used fully submerged in tank/sump. Diy4lyfe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom