fishfanatsics 40 gallon high aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added an airstone to the tank, because she was/ is at the surface of the water. She wasn't really gasping for air just stedaly breathing. This is one of the only things I HATE about this hobby... :'(

Last edited:
I will post an update in the morning. I think the PWC was just what the doctor ordered, she started to swim more normally, and her fins are not quite as tightly locked up. We will just have to wait and see...

Update on my anglefish! She seems to be doing better, her fins are a little more spread out. She is still acting kind of weird...

HalfMoon B said:
How is the red coloration? Any change?

I forgot to look, I was so focused on the fins. One more thing that I did notice is she shakes her body kind of spastic and she swims back wards a lot

This is what she looks like as of now. She isn't doing any better. She is still eating. What now?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110630_133202.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110630_133202.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 83
I can't tell from the pic, but if it is fin rot, impeccable water conditions are in order. Daily PWC and testing to keep everything clean and clear. Its good she is still eating.
If thatt doesn't help after a while I would ask someone about medication. For my betta I used salt to help with healing, but not for very long at all.
Medication may be necessary soon, but just don't jump straight to medication in your display tank.
Thoughts anyone else?

I agree start with pristine water and see how she does and if she starts healing up. Treating something when we have no clue what it is hard to do, one of the reasons I almost never medicate.

Anglefish update:
Her fins are still clamped
She is still swimming in un normal patterns
She is still eating
Her color seems to be fading (the black parts of her body are kind of foggy)

I just completed my third 50% pwc! Thank goodness for pythons! How long should I keep doing pwc?

An update on my anglefish:
She doesn't look any better. What should I do?

Is the ph and temperature of the water you are changing with the same as the tank when it's leveled out? Could be a factor, an example is my well water depending on the time of year has co2 in it making it more acidic and when water is left in bucket is alkaline, fish don't enjoy going through an instant ph swing weekly or daily. What is your tank temperature? Keep around 27C* normally if she is clamping I'd try slowly raising the temp to 28 or even 29 an angels immune system is stronger at higher temps, only let some window light in for a few days and no tank light the subdued light will keep her calm, sometime try to block out half ur tank light and see if she hangs out on the darker side it's a good indicator she's stressed. What's your ph of your tank? They enjoy more acidic but don't try to get it down if alkaline unless it's over 7.6-7.8 and only use natural ways, don't worry bout that now though just a tid bid of info, it would stress her more to change it and cause problems. I'll edit if I think of some more things to try.

Best of luck

Oh yeh forgot to add angelfish go up and down the glass all the time they are pigs begging for food, I seen my baby angel fish chasing a fly on the outside of the tank lol

Barbs don't usually do well with angels either, especially in a small school but some ppl have no problem, angels do like to be in schools but can be kept as a single petfish they will just make friends with you and be extra greedy lol

What's your co2 reading could be too high maybe but dought that is problem, sry bout all the post have short term memory problems lol and keep goin back and forth to what you have said, if kept editing the post would be jumbled up and confusing

rich311k said:
I agree start with pristine water and see how she does and if she starts healing up. Treating something when we have no clue what it is hard to do, one of the reasons I almost never medicate.

Best thing to do, nature works wonders

Back
Top Bottom