fissiden fontanus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm really looking into starting a planted tank (I've never done it before), I have this idea in my head how I want to accomplish this but still on the research phase of all of this. I was looking into plants and came across the fissiden fontanus, I think this is the kind of plant that I want, what do I need to know about it? does it grow well? What kind of lighting does it need? What fish are best with it? I'm stating a new tank soon and want to know all that I can before starting. Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

Fissidens fontanus isn't a hard plant to grow. It's not really picky about light or co2. It is however, a very slow growing plant. Higher light levels and co2 will help some but it still grows slowly. It also has the tendency of attracting algae and detritus like a magnet.

I would love to try some. This is the look I'm going to try for my tank.

View attachment 93336

My husband was on patrol one night and saw two empty tanks sitting on someones porch, he knew the guy so he asked him what he wanted for the tanks. One is a 55 gallon and I don't know the size of the other one but I know the 55 gallon is sitting inside the big tank. The guy only wanted $25 for each tank so I'll be getting those next week. I'm wanting to turn one into a planted tank and the fissiden seems like a really cool plant.

butterfly_koi said:
I would love to try some. This is the look I'm going to try for my tank.

My husband was on patrol one night and saw two empty tanks sitting on someones porch, he knew the guy so he asked him what he wanted for the tanks. One is a 55 gallon and I don't know the size of the other one but I know the 55 gallon is sitting inside the big tank. The guy only wanted $25 for each tank so I'll be getting those next week. I'm wanting to turn one into a planted tank and the fissiden seems like a really cool plant.

Google Iwagumi info and Emersed or Dry Start planted tanks. Most are high light high tech with pressurized CO2.

Back
Top Bottom