fleas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try apple cider vinegar. Take the cat outside, place on a white towel, and spray the cat with the vinegar.

I did this with my Yorkie and the fleas literally flew off her. Then you can do the flea bath.

My cats got infested this year with a new neighbor in the apartment I found this at target for 17.95 killed 100% of the fleas in 2 days, the active ingredient is the same as front-line for less then half the price, one of my cat sleeps on top of my 10 gallon shrimp tank and I constantly have to skim cat hair out of it and no losses to any of the shrimp Molly fry or plants in the tank

Attachments

• image-3626094528.jpg
    image-3626094528.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 41
I m a certified veterinary technician. Can t answer the question about tank safety, my focus here is for your cats. Be VERY CAREFUL of what you use, many things sold in stores are toxic and/or deadly to cats. I ve seen some horrible results over the years. If you buy a flea product FROM YOUR vet, you will be protecting your cats. The products sold in stores do not work as effectively. Also, you do not need to bathe a cat unless they have a lot of flea dirt (poop) & then use a non soap shampoo. Dawn will strip the oil from their coat & then make your topical flea treatment much less effective. I implore everyone to talk to your vet about flea treatment, trying to go the cheap or neighbor suggested route could end up being lethal to your pets.

Back
Top Bottom