Flipping my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
High light on a 75 would be a stronger or possibly 2 of the fixtures I listed I think.
The dimmer is the key.Any light without dimming will need to either have cycleor height changed to adjust..I just turn the knob,and then turn it again or turn it back..
I use that same dimmer on other LEDS also.
High light LED fixture will likely be 2X or much more then the price of fixture I listed..
I think TPT has a thread on the DA FSPEC [several ] .I think they like it for medium and low??? The are plant heads...I tried to research a little also...

Usually by the time the beamsworks are pushing into high light, they become the same cost as a light with many many more cool features, which is why they are mostly seen on low/medium light tanks.

OK sweet! Thanks guys, I'll be doing alot more window shopping and reviewing more options. Guess I problem should have put a bid on the one on eBay I was checking out. But at the time I didn't do alot of research on lighting at that point. Oh well there's more. I try to hit the auctions on eBay alot. Get things alot cheaper. ?

ZxC, thanks for this post, let me include some of my thoughts.

20-40 "low light"... Costco 20$ shoplight led beats Finnex planted + by few PAR (with worse color but it's growing on me). Im not sure how Finnex planted plus fall into low light category - without co2 or lots of glut ( and ferts) it grows uncontrollable amounts of algea vs. single bulb CFL that grows beautiful anubias and swords without algea at all even when I forgot to dose excel.

Satellite plus - "I'm sorry that I got it" reviews, less bright and less PAR then finnex planted.
Satellite plus PRO, holy moly 280$ for a 4 foot light?!

ZxC, thanks for this post, let me include some of my thoughts.

20-40 "low light"... Costco 20$ shoplight led beats Finnex planted + by few PAR (with worse color but it's growing on me). Im not sure how Finnex planted plus fall into low light category - without co2 or lots of glut ( and ferts) it grows uncontrollable amounts of algea vs. single bulb CFL that grows beautiful anubias and swords without algea at all even when I forgot to dose excel.

Satellite plus - "I'm sorry that I got it" reviews, less bright and less PAR then finnex planted.
Satellite plus PRO, holy moly 280$ for a 4 foot light?!

Finnex can be used as low, medium and high, just dim it ;) And because OP has a 75, they would probably need 2 for good coverage. Heck I has a fresh and plant 2.0 with 120 degree lenses on a 12" wide tank and the corners are still dark! I couldn't imagine how upset I would have been buying anything less that 120 degree lenses, such as the finnex. Plus the fresh and plant 2.0 blew it out of the water in terms of warranty and PAR ;)

The current sat+ I use is strictly for supplemental light, I absolutely love hardware store CFL bulbs, both 23w and 13w, T5-s are great for overall coverage, and depending on bulb selection you can get very attractive looking tanks, I'm sticking with T5's when I upgrade my 90 gallon lighting. I've never used the Sat+ pro, but yea.... almost 400$ CAD.... not for me!

Ya know I think I will give the Vivigrow knock off a shot on my 20Long....

A bit weaker would be fine on that shallow low tech tank.

Vivagrow, Oh wow!, looks like the Chinese factory that finnex hired to build their lights decided to cut out the middle man, make and sell their own as well! Figures. I know this isnt right, I probably should feel bad for finnex, somehow I'm not though (as somehow they sleep well at night knowing their products fail left and right).

Hmm. Wonder if I could hack into it and control the color and dimming with Arduino. Will be researching. I might just found my next ligh :)

Vivagrow, Oh wow!, looks like the Chinese factory that finnex hired to build their lights decided to cut out the middle man, make and sell their own as well! Figures. I know this isnt right, I probably should feel bad for finnex, somehow I'm not though (as somehow they sleep well at night knowing their products fail left and right).

Hmm. Wonder if I could hack into it and control the color and dimming with Arduino. Will be researching. I might just found my next ligh :)
Lol! And that's why I get some of my stuff cheaper. It's pretty funny how 75% of our stuff is made in China. But yet we pay double alot of times triple the price for in the u.s. so if I can wait for it I order from China. We are all being robbed! Even craftsman tools are being made in China now... What gives??@!! So yes! I'll be checking on that light. Alot of times on auction starting at .99 cents with free shipping. Just gotta read the fine print on them. [emoji6]

No, the wave point is on or off, maybe you can put 2 bulbs in and run it “on/off” but if only 2 bulbs are in.... I’m not sure if it will work or if it’s recommended. Check out the odyssea fixtures maybe? I’ve heard some okay things about them

OK. Didn't do much homework on it. Liked how wide it was and looked like it'd be bright, and cover alot of area.

Well, today I flipped the whole fish world upside down with a start up of an over haul on my tank. Driftwood will be going in tomorrow and I have more plants on the way. I'm gonna use the light I have and upgrade the bulbs if need to be. But in the mean time I'm just gonna see what happens with the plants that will be in it. I took everything out but my fish. I was extra careful swapping out the gravel with eco complete. I still have 1 more 20lb bag I'll be adding after I get everything in place. But, this is it for now. IMAG3562.jpg the castle will be coming out too. But they need something in there for a min. Can't wait to get the other plants. I think I'm gonna add a garage clip light on the right back corner with a 75 or 100watt bulb if my alternanthera reineckii starts to do bad.

Here's a run down on what I got . Some of these plants will be going in my Betta's tanks too. OK, I have Java ferns, Amazon swords, Ludwiga peruensis(red),giant micro swords, Echinodorus Marble(queen), Liberia cardnalis, and Alternanthera reineckii. The seeds I'll be starting are Ceratophyllum moss, and pearl moss. I know some plants will not grow fast but I wanted to try them. Everyone uses led lights now days but I have florist tub bulbs that I think will still do pretty good. If I have to I'll add more light. But, I really wanta see how they all do.

I found this gorgeous plant last night, unlike others and it's a dark purple Amazon sword. So gorgeous!!! Had to have it! Lol! Another one to add to my list.

Back
Top Bottom