FloraGro Bulb Sucess...anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok i picked up so screw in cf that have a k temp of 2800, this is the same as a floragro bulb...

2800 is way below what i though is good for plants, but floragro bulb as advertised as being good for plant...

thoughts?

has anyone use and had success with a floraglo bulb or other 2800 k bulb.... :?

i personally would trust the bulb for plants. plants can utilize a wide range of kelvin ratings but i think 5000 is as low as i would go. i also hate the colour u get from that low of a kelvin rating.

mr funktastic said:
i personally would trust the bulb for plants. plants can utilize a wide range of kelvin ratings but i think 5000 is as low as i would go. i also hate the colour u get from that low of a kelvin rating.
lol either there was a miss type in that or it is too early in the morning for my brain to work fully...

first you say you WOULD trust the bulb, but then you went on to say that the K rating was too low... :?

lol i i forgot the NT on the end of would lol. i wouldnt trust them. it is very easy to get a higher k rating bulb that u know your plants are going to use. for about 10 bucks u can get a double flourescent shop light aswell if u would rather go with the t-8 variety of lights.

mr funktastic said:
lol i i forgot the NT on the end of would lol. i wouldnt trust them. it is very easy to get a higher k rating bulb that u know your plants are going to use. for about 10 bucks u can get a double flourescent shop light aswell if u would rather go with the t-8 variety of lights.
maybe i should mention that this is over a 10 gallon... so two t8s over a ten gallon would not be that great right... it would not really be 3 or so wpg... :?

plus to 15 watt t8 over a 10 is a little on the wide side.

Back
Top Bottom