Floramax with sand for planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ceej

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How well will a layer of sand over Floramax work? I bout Petco white sand, as no local hardware store had PFS.
Wanting to start the fishless pure ammonia cycle tonight. When should I add plants?

I want the sandy beach scene for a dwarf puffer. Should I just do a planted tank in just sand?

I would. Floramax really isn't going to do a lot for you, especially if you're doing anything short of a high tech tank.... my opinion of course. I just think your money would be better spent elsewhere. If you're going to do floramax, leave it on top. I use it for its look, not so much its function.

mfdrookie516 said:
I would. Floramax really isn't going to do a lot for you, especially if you're doing anything short of a high tech tank.... my opinion of course. I just think your money would be better spent elsewhere. If you're going to do floramax, leave it on top. I use it for its look, not so much its function.

Thank you. I've been waiting for replies for a couple hours on my last thread and decided to make a new one lol. Really anxious to get this small tank setup so I can get a DP!
So I guess I'll take the Floramax back.

I've got a 29gal right now unplanted. I wanna see how well I do with this smaller tank first. I need plants, so might as well take the substrate back. Tomorrow can I add a couple plants while its starting the cycle?

Floramax makes a good substrate for plants. Just saying.

You'll get benefit from the floramax, sure, but is it necessary? Not really.

If you cant grow plants with sand and root tabs, all the fancy plant substrates in the work aren't going to help you.

aqua_chem said:
You'll get benefit from the floramax, sure, but is it necessary? Not really.

If you cant grow plants with sand and root tabs, all the fancy plant substrates in the work aren't going to help you.

Thanks! Taking the Floramax back. Just going to try out the sand. Maybe just Floramax and no sand next time.

fishdud said:
Ha confused. What're you trying to figure out again?

Lmao.. I want a planted tank with a sand bottom. Thought I needed Floramax or something similar.

Ohhh Haha nah. I have 10 gallon planted tank with just sand and root tabs. You'll be fine. You don't need floramax, sand alone will be fine

fishdud said:
Ohhh Haha nah. I have 10 gallon planted tank with just sand and root tabs. You'll be fine. You don't need floramax, sand alone will be fine

Thanks, dude!

Back
Top Bottom