FloraPride

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
When last I used this I used it in a low-ish light aquarium that had some swords, aponogeton, and some java fern. That tank EXPLODED with algae.
I was looking at the back of it, and the ingredients are...
potassium sulfate, edta, Iron chloride, sodium hydroxide, dtpa, potassium iodide, ammonium heptamolybdate, with demineralized water up to 100%

I have not been able to get a test kit for potassium but from what I have read some of my plants seem to have the symptoms of a potassium deficiency. Should I try this fert again now that I have more plants and better light? Or is the algae just going to love this stuff and freak out again?

different source

I would find a different source of K (potasium) just because you had bad luck with that fertilizer.
Leaf Zone which has worked very well for me in the past is a good choice. I allways get a good growth spurt when I use it
. http://www.aquariumguys.com/leafzone16oz.html

It would be even better if you could pick up a fertilizer that has just Potassium. That way you can dose as much as you need without worrying about overdosing on the rest of the ingrediants. Flourish Potassium or Potassium Sulfate would be good options.

Back
Top Bottom