Flourish Excel ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look worse by the hour... And my Krib appears to like to eat the transparent leaves, so I think he's helping to strip them bare. Will have to buck up and get a couple new bunches, methinks.

So how 'bout wormwort? Would it have the same negative reaction to the Excel as the anacharis?

Ha, that's the lfs name, I guess...

It looks similar to the anacharis, in that it is sold in bunches and does not root. It is finer of stem and leaf, tho. Looks like a fir tree branch might.

I'll look around for it or post a pic later if I can.

It appears that hornwort is correct. So how's it compared to the anacharis in handling Excel?

Personally I don't mess with Hornwort as it's too messy but I have never heard of it being sensitive to liquid carbon.

Messy, how? Shedding?

Yep they can grow along great and suddenly just drop a ton of those needle like leaves which makes a huge mess. Many people love it but I am not a fan of it at all.

Does it tend to clog the filter, or just leave (no pun intended) a lot of debris laying around on the gravel?

Back
Top Bottom