Flourish Excel Question!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, so I dose my planted 10g with flourish. Would it be wise to get some excel as well to dose along side with regular flourish??

I dose excel every other day and flourish once a week after my water changes. No excel in my two tanks with hornwort though. Last time I used it the hornwort looked like it exploded

Okay I just purchased some at my LFS. I have a 10g pretty heavy planted tank. How much should I put in each day? I followed the directions for the first dose but should I keep following the dosage recommended? The reason I ask is because I figure the heavier planted tank the more carbon is used I guess?

I would just follow the directions. If you think you need more (ie algae, etc), then dose more then. I would assume that the dosages on the bottle assume a decently planted tank.

Can I ask another question about Excel? Does it matter if it is dosed in the morning when lights first come on or at night when lights are about to go out?

It also has a half life of about 12 hours, so if you dose at night, it will have mostly decayed by the next day, whereas if you dose it when the lights first come on, it will be at full strength during your photoperiod.

aqua_chem said:
It also has a half life of about 12 hours, so if you dose at night, it will have mostly decayed by the next day, whereas if you dose it when the lights first come on, it will be at full strength during your photoperiod.
Yeah, its just that I leave the house early and my daughter has a 5 gallon planted betta tank in her room. She is 4 years old and I don't want to wake her. So her tank usually gets dosed when I come home which is usually only an hour before she goes to bed. I work 12 hour shifts 4 days a week. So the other 3 days her tank gets dosed in the morning or mid-day.

Back
Top Bottom