Flourite Black Sand - Root Tabs Required?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey, I am in the middle of a major overhaul of my 36 planted, I dropped the gravel and was just going to do sand, but I saw they had flourite black sand. So I bought 4 bags, and a Fluval 306 (and making a Co2 Reactor). I was under the impression that it had nutrients in the sand already..? But some other forums are saying its inert, seachem says there is nutrients in the sand, do I need to do DIY Tabs right now?

The flourite has no real added nutrients, but instead it has a high capacity for absorbing and releasing nutrients that the plants can use.

Your plants will still need root tabs regardless.

Darn! Alright, bright side are these 200+ root tabs made during the NBA Playoffs will still get used...

With it made to absorb the nutrients, do I use less root tabs now?

Darn! Alright, bright side are these 200+ root tabs made during the NBA Playoffs will still get used...

With it made to absorb the nutrients, do I use less root tabs now?
You can use less. I usually just place them at the bases of plants that need them.

I've had great results with the flourite black and o+ tabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I am hoping for the same... Less places for fish poo, and piece of plants to fall and hide..

The only problem is the dust storm that has occurred... I am just draining and filling over and over to remove as much as i can.

You're using the fine fine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

"I can see clearly now the dust has gone" - Jimmy Cliff

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1435870596266.jpg
    1435870596266.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1435870608101.jpg
    1435870608101.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 56
Back